Prep 20 mins
Cook 13 mins
Another recipe from a Weight Watcher friend. Only 4 points.
- 5 ounces reduced-fat italian bulk turkey sausage (mild)
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- nonstick olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 (10 ounce) package prepared pizza crust
- 1⁄3 cup shredded reduced-fat Italian cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cook sausage in nonstick saucepan until browned, stirring with spoon to break up meat.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in pizza sauce.
- Cook until hot.
- Spray baking sheet with Pam.
- Unroll pizza dough onto baking sheet.
- Pat into 12x8 rectangle.
- Cut into six (4x4) squares.
- Divide sausage mixture evenly among squares.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Lift one corner of each square and fold dough over filling to opposite corner, making a triangle.
- Press edges with tines of fork to seal.
- Bake 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately or follow directions for freezing and reheating.
- Note: To freeze turnovers, remove to wire rack to cool for 30 minutes.
- Individually wrap in plastic wrap, place in freezer container or plastic freezer bag and freeze.
- To reheat turnovers, preheat oven to 400.
- Unwrap turnovers.
- Place on ungreased baking pan.
- Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until hot.
- Or, place one turnover on a paper-towel-lined microwavable plate.
- Heat on DEFROST (30% power) 3 to 3-1/2 minutes or until hot, turning once.