Audrey M's Note:
Another recipe from a Weight Watcher friend. Only 4 points.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Cook sausage in nonstick saucepan until browned, stirring with spoon to break up meat.
- 3Drain off fat.
- 4Stir in pizza sauce.
- 5Cook until hot.
- 6Spray baking sheet with Pam.
- 7Unroll pizza dough onto baking sheet.
- 8Pat into 12x8 rectangle.
- 9Cut into six (4x4) squares.
- 10Divide sausage mixture evenly among squares.
- 11Sprinkle with cheese.
- 12Lift one corner of each square and fold dough over filling to opposite corner, making a triangle.
- 13Press edges with tines of fork to seal.
- 14Bake 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- 15Serve immediately or follow directions for freezing and reheating.
- 16Note: To freeze turnovers, remove to wire rack to cool for 30 minutes.
- 17Individually wrap in plastic wrap, place in freezer container or plastic freezer bag and freeze.
- 18To reheat turnovers, preheat oven to 400.
- 19Unwrap turnovers.
- 20Place on ungreased baking pan.
- 21Cover loosely with foil.
- 22Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until hot.
- 23Or, place one turnover on a paper-towel-lined microwavable plate.
- 24Heat on DEFROST (30% power) 3 to 3-1/2 minutes or until hot, turning once.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Turnovers
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.1
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 37.9 mg
- Sodium 175.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared pizza crust
Italian cheese blend