Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A quick and yummy alternative to pizza, and you probably have most ingredients on hand already. Great for kids and adults as well! You can substitute or add whatever pizza toppings you like!
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In skillet brown hamburger with onion and peppers.
- Add pizza sauce.
- Pour into greased 9x13 pan.
- Layer pepperoni, mushrooms, black olives, or whatever toppings you are using. (This is also good without any additional toppings.).
- Then sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Cover the top with a layer of tater tots.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Rave reviews from the kids and staff at the school I work at. I mixed together the hamburger with diced pepperoni, used only onion for veggies, and a mixture of cheddar and mozza cheese. My first time making a tater tot casserole. They polished off the the whole thing and wanted more.
We thought this recipe was pretty good. Easy and quick. After I browned the meat and onions (no green peppers) I added the pizza sauce, pepperoni, canned mushrooms and black olives. I added the mixture to the baking dish, then I sprinkled the mozzarella cheese then the tater tots. Everyone liked it and I will make again.
This was a easy recipe to put together. I used sausage, onion, green peppers, mushrooms, black olives and candian bacon. The recipe didn't say what to do with the pizza sauce so I put it over the toppings, added the cheese than the tater tots. We didn't have any left over and my guys thought it was a neat idea. Thanks for the recipe.