Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 25 mins
I haven't made this yet, but it certainly looks delicious and different. Try it for your next movie night, football game, or just to gather 'round the fire with family or friends. From Woman's World magazine. The intro reads "Our cheesy pizza "cake" is designed to be sliced into thin wedges and eaten with a fork." Casual indulgence with an elegant twist!
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup dry Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (15 ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pepperoni, plus 8 whole slices
- 1⁄2 cup drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil, patted dry and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry pizza seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°F Stir butter into breadcrumbs; press onto bottom of 9x3 inch springform pan. Bake until browned around edges, about 10 minutes; cool on rack. At medium speed beat cream cheese and ricotta until smooth. Beat in eggs, then flour. Stir in chopped pepperoni, sun-dried tomatoes, pizza seasoning, and salt. Pour over crust. Bake 1 hour or until set. Spread pizza sauce on hot torte; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Top with pepperoni slices. Bake 10 to 15 minutes until cheese is melted. Cool on rack. Run knife around edge to loosen; remove side of pan. Slice into thin wedges and serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers.