Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe I got from a Cookfest my church had recently. It is great for parties, or for a lazy brunch or even lunch. The pizza ham can be replaced with chopped salami. Another option is to replace the pastry with bread. This is a more filling alternative, but to use bread, you must use the large muffin pans. Cut the crust off the bread and roll with a rolling pin to flatten slightly. Spray both sides of the bread with cooking spray before placing in the muffin pans. Your bread cups need a moderate oven, so cook at 180 degrees celsius for about 20 minutes.
- 8 puff pastry sheets (depending on how many sheets to the packet)
- 2 (430 g) cans spaghetti
- 1 (210 g) can diced tomatoes, lightly drained
- 1 finely diced green bell peppers or 1 finely diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 bunch finely diced spring onion
- 400 g deli pizza ham
- 2 -3 cups shredded reduced-fat cheese
- Allow puff pastry to defrost.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients (spaghetti, tomatoes, capsicum, spring onions, ham and cheese) and stir well.
- Cut the puff pastry to accommodate your muffin or cup cake pans.
- Spray pans with cooking spray.
- Place the cut pastry into the pans and spoon in the mixture to just under the top.
- Place in you hot oven and cook for approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- This mixture makes a large quantity when making patty pan size tarts.