Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great for potlucks! You can even make these in mini muffin tins to make them kid-sized! Use your favourite pizza toppings for the filling. For another savoury tart recipe try Cheeseburger Tarts Cheeseburger Tarts. These freeze well.
For the base
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk
For the filling
- 1 cup diced pepperoni or 1 cup ham or 1 cup salami
- 3⁄4 cup assorted fresh vegetable, mushrooms, green peppers, onions, etc
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese or 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce, use more if desired
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Mix first 2 ingredients together to form a dough.
- Roll out and cut 12 circles with a round cookie cutter or glass.
- Put 1 circle of dough into each section of a muffin tin.
- Mix remaining ingredients together.
- Fill cups evenly with mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until biscuits brown around edges and cheese in the filling melts.
- To Freeze: Flash freeze on a cookie sheet. Transfer to ziploc bag, and label. To serve: Heat in microwave or oven until warm.
i made something like this.except i used pillsburry biscuits and i flattened them inside the muffin cups and filled with sauce and cheese and backed according to the biscuit directions.
Pretty tasty!! I made the dough and let the DD make her own. I used leftover sloppy joe mix with cheese on top. While DD did pepperoni, pizza sauce and mozzarella. Both were tastes pretty good - thanks for a fun dinner
My kids absolutely love these!!! My super-picky 2 year old begs for them all the time!! I'm thinking I'll try breakfast tarts too!! Thanks so much Pamela for this great recipe!