Recipe by Little Old Me
Delicious and kid friendly, can be served as a meal or an appetizer. Does not include thaw time. I serve the pizza sauce warmed for dipping, you could also substitute it for spaghetti sauce in a pinch.
- 1 lb loaf frozen bread dough, thawed and let rise
- 16 ounces pizza sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, seperated
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef with mushrooms, onion, garlic, salt & pepper in a skillet till beef is no longer pink. Feel free to add more veggies as per taste.
- Drain fat.
- Punch down dough on a large greased cookie sheet.
- Mix baste ingredients (the last seven listed) and brush onto dough.
- Spoon meat filling down center 1/3 of dough and sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll, pinch seams and tuck ends under.
- Brush top of loaf with egg whites.
- Bake at 350° for 30 - 40 minutes until golden.
- Cut in thick slices, serve with sauce for dipping.