1 hr 48 mins
1 hr 30 mins
adopt a greyhound's Note:
I found this on the internet but not sure where. I tried it and loved it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 lb) pizza dough (your choice)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 14 ounces tomatoes
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 links hot Italian sausage
- 15 ripe olives, sliced
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces pepperoni, sliced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Make pizza dough and let rise.
- 2Partially cook the dough in a 425 Deg. oven for 6-8 minute. (I like to use parchment paper on a pizza stone.).
- 3In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add onion and cook for a few minutes till opaque. Add garlic and parsley, cook a few minutes more.
- 4Put tomatoes through a blender and add to the skillet.
- 5Add tomato paste, sugar, salt, pepper, pepper flakes and oregano.
- 6Bring to a boil, turn down to simmer for at least half an hour. More if you have time.
- 7Remove from stove and cool.
- 8While the sauce is simmering, cook sausage in a different skillet. Take it out of the casing and break it up to brown.
- 9Spread the sauce evenly over the partially cooked pizza dough.
- 10Sprinkle the sausage over the sauce on the dough.
- 11Add the olives, mushrooms, red pepper, Mozzarella, and Provolone cheese over the sausage and sauce.
- 12Place the pepperoni over the top and add the Parmesan cheese.
- 13Bake at 425 Deg. for approximately 12-15 minute. Until the cheese is melted and the dough has finished cooking.
Browse Our Top Midwestern U.S. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Supreme
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 608.9
- Calories from Fat 398
- Total Fat 44.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 107.1 mg
- Sodium 2106.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 36.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: