Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 18 mins
I found this on the internet but not sure where. I tried it and loved it.
Make and share this Pizza Supreme recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (1 lb) pizza dough (your choice)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 14 ounces tomatoes
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 links hot Italian sausage
- 15 ripe olives, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 red pepper, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces pepperoni, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Make pizza dough and let rise.
- Partially cook the dough in a 425 Deg. oven for 6-8 minute. (I like to use parchment paper on a pizza stone.).
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add onion and cook for a few minutes till opaque. Add garlic and parsley, cook a few minutes more.
- Put tomatoes through a blender and add to the skillet.
- Add tomato paste, sugar, salt, pepper, pepper flakes and oregano.
- Bring to a boil, turn down to simmer for at least half an hour. More if you have time.
- Remove from stove and cool.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook sausage in a different skillet. Take it out of the casing and break it up to brown.
- Spread the sauce evenly over the partially cooked pizza dough.
- Sprinkle the sausage over the sauce on the dough.
- Add the olives, mushrooms, red pepper, Mozzarella, and Provolone cheese over the sausage and sauce.
- Place the pepperoni over the top and add the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425 Deg. for approximately 12-15 minute. Until the cheese is melted and the dough has finished cooking.