Recipe by NoraMarie
I got this recipe out of HomeBasic book. It's a good carb recipe. Made it tonight for supper and hubby said to make it anytime. I used regular sauce as that's all I had on hand.
Top Review by mums the word
Great recipe for the low carb dieters. I used 1 1/2 lbs ground beef so adjusted the ingredients accordingly. Added 1 tsp Italian seasoning and a bit of garlic salt. I chopped up a pepperette and added it to the cheese topping to give even more pizza flavour. The kids enjoyed it too and they aren't the biggest fans of meatloaf, so that was a bonus! Thanks NoraMarie, I will be making this again!
- 907.18 g lean ground beef
- 700 ml jargarden-style low-carb pasta sauce, divided
- 118.29 ml green pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml quick-cooking oats
- 236.59 ml shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, 1 cup sauce, 1/2 cup green peppers, 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup cheese, eggs, salt and pepper.
- In a 13 x 9 baking pan, shape into loaf.
- Top with 1/2 cup sauce.
- Bake uncovered for 50 minutes.
- Top with 1/2 cup cheese and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Remove meat loaf to serving platter and serve with sauce.
- 377 calories per serving, 26.8 g fat, 7.2 g carbohydrates.