Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe out of HomeBasic book. It's a good carb recipe. Made it tonight for supper and hubby said to make it anytime. I used regular sauce as that's all I had on hand.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (700 ml) jargarden-style low-carb pasta sauce, divided
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, 1 cup sauce, 1/2 cup green peppers, 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup cheese, eggs, salt and pepper.
- In a 13 x 9 baking pan, shape into loaf.
- Top with 1/2 cup sauce.
- Bake uncovered for 50 minutes.
- Top with 1/2 cup cheese and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Remove meat loaf to serving platter and serve with sauce.
- 377 calories per serving, 26.8 g fat, 7.2 g carbohydrates.
Great recipe for the low carb dieters. I used 1 1/2 lbs ground beef so adjusted the ingredients accordingly. Added 1 tsp Italian seasoning and a bit of garlic salt. I chopped up a pepperette and added it to the cheese topping to give even more pizza flavour. The kids enjoyed it too and they aren't the biggest fans of meatloaf, so that was a bonus! Thanks NoraMarie, I will be making this again!
I made this last night. My husband thought it was great but I felt it was pretty bland. I did add 1/2 tblsp Italian seasoning to it. I think I may try it again and add more seasoning.
Made this the other night for dinner and it was really enjoyed. Only change I made was to use red peppers(just my preference). Served with perogies for an easy weeknight dinner.