Vanilla Chan's Note:
I made this up on my own. It's probably been done, but I've never heard of any recipe like it. I've been wanting to make pizza for a while now and today I already had some chicken out, thawing. Then I thought why not make the chicken like pizza? This is a VERY delicious and healthier alternative to actual pizza. Might I recommend serving this on top of plain pasta. It may LOOK like it is difficult because of the amount of steps it takes, but it is actually quite easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients(except for the chicken, oil and cheese) in a saucepan.
- 2Cook over medium heat until sauce starts to boil. Once boiling set it to low heat(preferably the lowest), covered, for 30 to 45 minutes or until thick.
- 3Ten minutes before the sauce is ready set another burner at medium heat and add oil, distributing it evenly on the surface of the pan.
- 4Before putting the chicken on, get a fork and lightly puncture each chicken in various places(all over), but do not stick the fork all the way through. Flip them and repeat the process of "forking" them on the other side. This technique allows the sauce to seep into the chicken.
- 5Put the chicken onto the pan and add salt and pepper to your liking. Once the underside is brown flip the chicken and allow it to cook on the other side for about 3 minutes or until partially cooked, but not brown yet. Do not let the other side brown because once you have added the sauce you DO NOT flip them again. If you were to brown the other side too it would overcook(get all crispy and icky) on that side.
- 6Add all of the sauce to the pan of chicken.
- 7Once sauce is added cover the chicken allowing it to cook for about 15 minutes.
- 8Sprinkle mozzarella onto each chicken at an amount that is to your liking. Let the chicken cook for about a minute with the cheese on it or until the cheese is decently melted.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Style Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.7
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 798.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 31.7 g