Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
Such a kid pleaser! A lot healthier for you than traditional pizza. This makes a nice lunch/light supper for the family, or double it to feed more! Note: chill time included in prep time.
- 4 potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup pepperoni, sliced and divided
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup low fat mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Clean potatoes and pierce with a fork.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Chill on counter for 20 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half and scoop out flesh, leaving 1/4in thick shell with skin.
- Set flesh aside.
- Chop 1/4 of pepperoni.
- Cut remaining pepperoni slices in half, set aside.
- In a med bowl, mash together potato flesh, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Stir in chopped pepperoni.
- Spoon mixture back into shells evenly and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Top with pizza sauce, mushrooms, green pepper slices, remaining pepperoni, mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake until heated through, about 15 minutes.
Great variation on stuffed potatoes! We really enjoyed these. I used fat free sour cream. I served it with extra pizza sauce on the table for those who like lots of sauce. Accompanied by broccoli, it was a nice meal. Thanks for sharing!
I made only one potato for me and my daughter. (She's 33, she's still my kid) This was our lunch today. We loved it! I used turkey pepperoni and red bell pepper cuz I was out of green. Her's was without mushrooms. This is so easy to prepare but the time to cook seems forever. I can see wanting to cook the potatoes in the microwave except that the skin doesn't come out nice and crisp. This was a really nice change for a good and satisfying lunch. Made for "Top Favorite 2009 Recipes". Thanks for posting. :)
What a brilliant recipe! I made bf's as written and made a few adjustments to mine to reduce the fat. I mixed the pizza sauce in with the potato for mine and left out the chopped pepperoni. Both ways it was an excellent dish and one we'll certainly repeat with lots of variations!