Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 baking potato, baked (6 ounces)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded,divided
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut potato in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out pulp from potato halves into a bowl, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells; mash pulp and reserve shells.
- Add 1 ounce mozzarella cheese, the tomato sauce, ricotta cheese, oregano and garlic powder to potato pulp and stir to combine.
- Spoon half of potato mixture into each reserved shell; top each with half of the remaining mozzarella cheese and half of the Parmesan cheese.
- Set potato shells in 1-quart casserole and bake until thoroughly heated, about 10 minutes.
This was very tasty. I decided to double up the recipe and add some chopped pepperoni sausage and we made a full meal out of it. It is not filling enough for a mainmeal without it.
I agree with silky's review. Very tasty indeed. I think next time I will add some chopped pepperonis, as she suggested, and possibly ramp up the garlic powder and oregano for a more intense flavor. When doubled up, this makes a great no-leftovers meal for 2! Also there is minimal cleanup afterwards--always a plus!