Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Found this in a magazine and adapted it to fit my taste. It's so versatile that these can be made to suit any taste or to use whatever you have on hand.
Top Review by Chef Jean
I made mine with green peppers, fresh basil and fresh mozzarella. I microwaved the potato first then added the toppings and put it under the broiler. A nice dinner if you are cooking for one or two.
- 4 baking potatoes
- oil, for rubbing
- 1 1⁄2 cups pizza sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- 1 (3 ounce) package pepperoni
- 1⁄4 cup olive
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, sliced into slivers
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scrub the potatoes well and pierce with a fork. Rub the potatoes with oil. Bake 1 hour or until tender. Allow to cool enough to handle.
- Cut the top 1/4 off the potato and scoop out some of the potato.
- Heat the broiler.
- Combine the Italian seasoning and pizza sauce and divide among potatoes. Top with desired toppings. Sprinkle each potato with 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Place the potatoes under the broiler and melt the cheese.