Recipe by Sonya01
Lots of different things could be added to this strudel its up to your imagination. If you want vegetarian omit the ham and add some black olives.
- 8 sheets phyllo pastry
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 cup capsicum, diced
- 1 cup chopped shallots or 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup light mozzarella cheese, grated or 1 cup 25% fat tasty cheese
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Mix all ingredients, except phyllo pastry and tomato paste in a large bowl.
- Fold out phyllo pastry sheets, placing one sheet on top of the other, spraying with cooking spray between each layer.
- Spread tomato paste in the centre of the phyllo pastry, spoon pizza filling on top.
- Spray edges with cooking spray then fold right and left edges inwards, spray again.
- Roll pastry and filling carefully.
- Place the strudel with the fold side underneath on the baking tray that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Spray top of the strudel with cooking spray, pierce top to let out steam.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately as pastry will soften with left.
- To crisp again, either place back in the oven or under grill.