Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are great-tasting appetizers that both kids and adults enjoy.
Make and share this Pizza Sticks recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (11 ounce) canpillsbury soft breadsticks
- 24 slices pepperoni, thin
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce, heated
- Separate and unroll breadsticks.
- Place 3 pepperoni slices in single layer over one half of each breadstick.
- Fold remaining half of breadstick over top; seal end and twist.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Combine cheese, italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle evenly over each breadstick.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with pizza sauce.
Thank you so much for posting this recipe. When my older sister was in junior high she made these in her home ec class and sadly since then my mother lost the recipe. (It has been well over 15 years.) These pizza sticks were one of my favorite and I can not wait to make them again!
My bread sticks came in a pkg of 12 (short). I used 2 pieces of turkey pepperoni for each. For the seasoning, I mixed Tastefully Simple Italian Garlic Bread Seasoning in with the parmesan. I think next time I will try to incorporate some mozzarella cheese.
I thought this would be easier but it took another set of hands to get the dough to lay just right without ripping as I put the filling inside. Mine definitely didn't come out as pictured, the filling seemed to spill out all over the pan. It did taste good...... we weren't about to waste it. :-) (Thank goodness for non stick cooking spray..PAM) We will be giving it another go, I must not have been filling it right for it to spill out all over the place. I will re-review after I try it again.