1/3 Photos of Pizza Sticks
I was looking for something quick that my kids would enjoy for lunch. I came across this recipe at the allrecipes website. You could use hamburger, Canadian bacon, any pizza topping you want. I let me kids come in and they helped create their pizza sticks and I did the cooking part. The recipe says to deep fry, but I try to keep the fat content down a bit in the house so we baked them in oven after spraying with a little olive oil cooking spray to add a bit of crispness. Cooking time includes baking time. Only 5 min. cooking time if you are frying.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lay out the egg roll wrappers one at a time.
- 2Place one piece of string cheese in the center near the edge, then arrange some pepperoni, sliced mushrooms and garlic around the cheese (or the topping of your choice).
- 3Roll up the string cheese a little, fold in the sides, then continue to roll up, and seal the edge by moistening with water. Repeat with remaining wrappers, cheese and fillings.
- 4Heat oil in a large heavy skillet, or deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
- 5Fry enough to fit loosely in the pan, turning once after about 5 minutes. Continue to fry for 3 to 5 more minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. If baking, place on cookie sheet and bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 20-25 minute or until wrappers are golden brown.
- 6Warm the marinara sauce in a serving bowl in the microwave.
- 7Serve Pizza Sticks on a platter with the bowl of sauce for dipping.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Sticks
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.8
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 19.6 mg
- Sodium 358.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 9.1 g