Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I haven't tried this yet but it sounds really good. From The Complete Diabetic Cookbook by Mary Jane Finsand.
- 6 ounces Canadian bacon, diced
- 9 cups tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 12 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 6 tablespoons mushroom pieces
- 6 tablespoons black olives, pitted and chopped
- 6 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 6 tablespoons green bell peppers, chopped
- 6 dashes oregano
- 6 dashes garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- 3 cups elbow macaroni, cooked
- Fry Canadian bacon; drain and cut away any fat.
- Heat tomato sauce and water to a boil.
- Add bacon, vegetables, and seasonings.
- Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add macaroni; reheat.
- Food Exchange per serving: 1 MEAT EXCHANGE + 1 STARCH/BREAD EXCHANGE.
- + 1 FAT EXCHANGE CAL: 275.