The family will swear you are making pizza. From a Fireshifter link on the McDougall board.
Make and share this Pizza Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 793.78 g tomatoes, cut up
- 473.18 ml loose-pack frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 425.24 g pizza sauce or 439.41 g pizza sauce
- 354.88 ml tomato juice
- 7.39-14.79 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml fennel seed, crushed
- 6 slice French bread, toasted
- In a large saucepan cook mushrooms, onion, and garlic until onion is tender.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, frozen vegetables, pizza sauce, tomato juice, oregano, and fennel seed. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast bread under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes.
- To serve, ladle the veg mixture into bowls. Top each serving with a slice of toasted bread.