1/1 Photo of Pizza Stew
Chef #208121's Note:
The family will swear you are making pizza. From a Fireshifter link on the McDougall board.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 793.78 g tomatoes, cut up
- 473.18 ml loose-pack frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 425.24 g pizza sauce or 439.41 g pizza sauce
- 354.88 ml tomato juice
- 7.39-14.79 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml fennel seed, crushed
- 6 slice French bread, toasted
- 1In a large saucepan cook mushrooms, onion, and garlic until onion is tender.
- 2Stir in undrained tomatoes, frozen vegetables, pizza sauce, tomato juice, oregano, and fennel seed. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, toast bread under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes.
- 4To serve, ladle the veg mixture into bowls. Top each serving with a slice of toasted bread.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Stew
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.7
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 631.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix