Recipe by drhousespcatcher
The family will swear you are making pizza. From a Fireshifter link on the McDougall board.
Top Review by sun33082
This is sooo good!! The bread is not needed. I only used broccoli, no carrots or cauliflower. Great lower carb low fat recipe! Definitely curbs the pizza cravings. I sprinkled a little grated parmesean on top. Perfection!
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 28 ounces tomatoes, cut up
- 2 cups loose-pack frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 15 ounces pizza sauce or 15 1⁄2 ounces pizza sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 6 slices French bread, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan cook mushrooms, onion, and garlic until onion is tender.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, frozen vegetables, pizza sauce, tomato juice, oregano, and fennel seed. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast bread under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes.
- To serve, ladle the veg mixture into bowls. Top each serving with a slice of toasted bread.