Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this recipe and it looks really good. Posting for future use.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (4 -6 ounce) cube steaks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350° -- Combine flour & salt in a shallow dish. Coat cube steaks with flour. Heat oil in skillet -- add cube steaks and cook until browned on both sides -- about 4-6 minutes. Place browned cube steaks in a 3qt baking dish. Top with mushrooms and onion. Spoon pizza sauce over top. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake steaks for 30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with mozzarella. Continue baking uncovered until steaks are fork tender and sauce thickens -- about 30 minutes.
This recipe was pretty good. It was very meaty, which is to be expected. I wasn't getting the pizza vibe though.
LTF: Super recipe; made while visiting friends. We all loved it! Added some chopped green peppers, otherwise, just as you posted! Wish I'd take my camera *they only have a film cam* Will make again...soooo good, soooo easy! Thanks for posting