Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was a favorite of my children when they were growing up- I started out using a basic Swiss Steak recipe, but due to their tastes, it morphed into "Pizza Steak". Now my Grandchildren love it, too!
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 (5 ounce) boneless eye of round beef steak or 6 (5 ounce) sirloin steaks, 1-inch thick
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 -4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine flour, salt, & pepper. Pound into steaks.
- In large skillet, brown onions in oil over medium heat.
- Remove & set aside to drain. Add steaks to skillet, & brown well on both sides.
- Return onion to skillet, piling them on top of steaks.Pour pizza sauce over all. Cover skillet, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 10-12 minutes, until steaks are cooked through.
- Uncover and top evenly with parmesan and mozzarella. Cover, and cook 3-5 minutes until cheeses are melted.
This was very easy and quick. I'm sure I used more cheese than the recipe said (I just eyeballed it), I like lots of cheese. We ate ours with mashed potatoes. Thanks for posting.
Great recipe - quick, easy, tasty! I don't care for onions so used a green bell pepper instead, otherwise made as directed. Served with rice to sop up the sauce, had a great dinner on the table in no time - thanks for sharing your recipe!
Very much enjoyed by all !! Made as posted except I left out the onion. I also used sirloin steaks as an option. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.