Recipe by Kizzikate
This was a favorite of my children when they were growing up- I started out using a basic Swiss Steak recipe, but due to their tastes, it morphed into "Pizza Steak". Now my Grandchildren love it, too!
Top Review by WhatamIgonnaeatnext?
This was very easy and quick. I'm sure I used more cheese than the recipe said (I just eyeballed it), I like lots of cheese. We ate ours with mashed potatoes. Thanks for posting.
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 (5 ounce) boneless eye of round beef steak or 6 (5 ounce) sirloin steaks, 1-inch thick
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 -4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, salt, & pepper. Pound into steaks.
- In large skillet, brown onions in oil over medium heat.
- Remove & set aside to drain. Add steaks to skillet, & brown well on both sides.
- Return onion to skillet, piling them on top of steaks.Pour pizza sauce over all. Cover skillet, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 10-12 minutes, until steaks are cooked through.
- Uncover and top evenly with parmesan and mozzarella. Cover, and cook 3-5 minutes until cheeses are melted.