Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
My grandma used to make this all the time when we were little. I spread a little on buns and toast them in the oven.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 2 medium onions, chopped fine
- 1 green pepper, chopped fine
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 100 g salami or 100 g pepperoni, chopped small
- salt and pepper
- Chop and fry bacon until soft not overly crispy.
- Remove bacon, cook onion and pepper until soft and add bacon.
- Add remaining ingredients stir until cheese has melted.
This is a favourite at my house! My mother-in-law gave me this recipe and I use it often. I usually leave out the mushrooms, as my family members are not crazy for them. I have also added chopped celery to this as well. This mixture freezes quite well and makes a great lunch for my husband to take to work. I was glad to see this recipe here! Thanks for posting it!