Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This tasty topping is great spread on buns and broiled in the oven or as a filling in pie irons. It freezes well. It is also easy to adapt this recipe to include your favourite pizza toppings. You can make ham and pineapple, pepperoni and mushroom etc.
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Fry bacon and crumble.
- Drain fat and add chopped onion, green pepper and celery.
- Let simmer 5 to 10 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add tomato soup, seasonings and grated cheese and heat until cheese melts.
- Spread on hamburger buns and toast under broiler.