Recipe by ~Leslie~
These tasty little morsels are so easy and versatile. I serve them as an appetizer or after school snack, but especially as a school lunch. I just make them ahead, freeze them and pop them into my daughter's lunch box frozen, and by the time she is ready to eat lunch they are all thawed out. There are never any left over! Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by zannawh
I've made these many times....a family favorite!! I always make them when I'm going out of town so my DB has fresh food to prepare. I know they're not "healthy" per se, but it's better than what he would be eating. I make just about as directed, and hope they make it into the freezer. My only alteration is I throw them in the freezer for about 5-10 min to firm up before rolling and again after slicing. This makes them much less messy.
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 3⁄4 cup chopped low-fat pepperoni
- 8 teaspoons pizza sauce or 8 teaspoons spaghetti sauce
- 5 teaspoons warmed low-fat cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded lowfat mozzarella cheese
any other fillings
- mushrooms or bell peppers or ground beef, etc, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Unroll dough into 4 long rectangles.
- Press diagonal perforations firmly to seal.
- Spread warmed cream cheese evenly on dough.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly on top of cream cheese.
- Add oregano and garlic spreading evenly over all.
- Sprinkle chopped pepperoni over all.
- Add any extra ingredients you would like.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Roll up each rectangle starting at the shortest side, press and seal firmly.
- Cut each of the 4 rolls into 5 slices to make 20 slices.
- Spray cookie sheet or muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place cut side down on sprayed cookie sheet or muffin tins. Careful, they can be sticky!
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet.
- Can be served warm or cooled and placed in the freezer.