Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have been making this Pizza Spaghetti Style for years. It's a family favorite.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 26 ounces pasta sauce
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 lb spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (5 ounce) packagesliced pepperoni
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to boil for cooking spaghetti. Cook ground beef, onion, green pepper, and mushrooms in heavy skillet over medium heat until beef is browned, stirring to break up beef.
- Drain well and add pasta sauce, tomato sauce, and Italian seasoning; stir well and let simmer while preparing spaghetti.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, combine eggs and milk in large bowl and beat until blended. Drain spaghetti and toss with egg and milk mixture. Spread half of spaghetti/egg/milk mixture in a 13x9" glass baking dish. Top with half of sauce and beef mixture. Repeat layers.
- To freeze, cool casserole in refrigerator at this point. When cold, wrap well, label, and freeze up to 3 months. To thaw and reheat, thaw casserole overnight in refrigerator. Bake, covered, at 350 degrees F for 40-50 minutes until thoroughly heated. Uncover, top with pepperoni and cheese, and bake 10-15 minutes longer until cheese melts and edges of casserole bubble.
- To refrigerate overnight and bake the next day, cover the casserole and chill for 2-24 hours. When ready to eat, bake, covered, at 350 degrees F for 40-50 minutes until hot. Then uncover, top with pepperoni and cheese, and bake for 10-15 minutes longer until cheese melts.
- If baking without freezing or refrigerating, bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until hot and bubbly. Top with pepperoni, then cheese, return to oven, and bake for 10 minutes longer to melt cheese. Let stand 5 minutes to set, then cut into squares to serve. 10 servings.
This is basically my spaghetti pizza recipe. I make a single layer of each. It is a family favorite. I tinker with garlic oregano and basil in the sauce. Yummy
Was going to cut this recipe by half, but then, after talking with neighbors, they got interested in it, so I made it all & shared! The neighbor's son has renamed it ~ Lasaghettizza! Anyway, we all loved it, although I did take a few liberties with the ingredients! I used some homemade spaghetti sauce that I had frozen [made with mild & sweet Italian sausage], & went right to cooking the pasta & assembling the dish for baking! Another time I definitely want to follow the directions given! This recipe will be hanging around here for a while! Many thanks! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a bonus recipe for AUS/NZ Recipe Tag, Mar 08]