Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A dish I often make for my nephews--they love it and don't even realize it's good for them!
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb Italian turkey sausage link, casings removed and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 4 (8 ounce) cans no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 3 ounces turkey pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 9 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until is no longer pink;drain.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, pepperoni,sugar, parsley and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer,uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until thickened. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the package directions. Drain spaghetti,toss with sauce. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese.