Recipe by Terri Newell
This is from the busy cooks forum on about.com. It makes a large casserole, and it can be frozen up to 3 months.
Top Review by mommyof 3
This recipe was very yummy and my family loved it. I did put a layer of cheese in the middle on the beef mixture because we love cheese! This is a keeper and thanks for posting!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced (may substitute 1 can mushroom pieces and stems)
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning mix
- 1 lb spaghetti, raw, broken in 2-inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 5 ounces pepperoni, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese or 2 cups mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain hamburg, onion, green pepper and mushrooms.
- Add spaghetti sauce, tomato paste and Italian spice.
- Let simmer while preparing pasta.
- Cook spaghetti until tender; drain.
- Mix milk and eggs; add spaghetti.
- In 9x13 pan, layer pasta, pepperoni and meat sauce 2 times.
- Bake with cover at 350 about 40 minutes. Remove cover, top with cheeses and bake about 5 minutes to melt. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
- To freeze, let casserole cool, then cover tightly and freeze up to 3 months.
- To use frozen casserole, let thaw in fridge overnight. Bake with cover at 350 about 40 minutes. Top with cheese, bake 10 minutes.