1 hr 20 mins
Terri Newell's Note:
This is from the busy cooks forum on about.com. It makes a large casserole, and it can be frozen up to 3 months.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced (may substitute 1 can mushroom pieces and stems)
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning mix
- 1 lb spaghetti, raw, broken in 2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 5 ounces pepperoni, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese or 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1Cook and drain hamburg, onion, green pepper and mushrooms.
- 2Add spaghetti sauce, tomato paste and Italian spice.
- 3Let simmer while preparing pasta.
- 4Cook spaghetti until tender; drain.
- 5Mix milk and eggs; add spaghetti.
- 6In 9x13 pan, layer pasta, pepperoni and meat sauce 2 times.
- 7Bake with cover at 350 about 40 minutes. Remove cover, top with cheeses and bake about 5 minutes to melt. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
- 8To freeze, let casserole cool, then cover tightly and freeze up to 3 months.
- 9To use frozen casserole, let thaw in fridge overnight. Bake with cover at 350 about 40 minutes. Top with cheese, bake 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 585.0
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 129.7 mg
- Sodium 1088.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 32.7 g