Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is from the busy cooks forum on about.com. It makes a large casserole, and it can be frozen up to 3 months.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced (may substitute 1 can mushroom pieces and stems)
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning mix
- 1 lb spaghetti, raw, broken in 2-inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 5 ounces pepperoni, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese or 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Cook and drain hamburg, onion, green pepper and mushrooms.
- Add spaghetti sauce, tomato paste and Italian spice.
- Let simmer while preparing pasta.
- Cook spaghetti until tender; drain.
- Mix milk and eggs; add spaghetti.
- In 9x13 pan, layer pasta, pepperoni and meat sauce 2 times.
- Bake with cover at 350 about 40 minutes. Remove cover, top with cheeses and bake about 5 minutes to melt. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
- To freeze, let casserole cool, then cover tightly and freeze up to 3 months.
- To use frozen casserole, let thaw in fridge overnight. Bake with cover at 350 about 40 minutes. Top with cheese, bake 10 minutes.
This recipe was very yummy and my family loved it. I did put a layer of cheese in the middle on the beef mixture because we love cheese! This is a keeper and thanks for posting!