Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was adapted from Mini_Dachshund_Lover's Pizza Soup so that is a bit lower in carbs. I mainly bumped up the meat content and added more water to make more servings. This is a really good meal, but not for those on induction.
- 2 lbs Italian sausage (ground type)
- 8 ounces pepperoni, sliced in half
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce (lowest carb you can find)
- 5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Brown ground beef and pepperoni in a large dutch oven. Rinse and drain to remove some of the fat from the pepperoni.
- Put meat back in dutch oven and add the remaining ingredients. (If desired, you can also add sliced mushrooms at this point too.).
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Skim off any additional fat from the pepperoni as desired.
- Serve in bowls topped with shredded mozzarella cheese (if desired).