Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this recipe in the sampler edition of the Quick Cooking magazine. Served with garlic bread; this quickly became a regular meal.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce or 1 (15 ounce) can pasta sauce
- 1 cup pepperoni, chopped
- 1 cup fresh tomato
- 1⁄2 cup cooked Italian sausage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large sauce pan, sautee mushrooms, onion & green pepper in oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Add water, sauce, pepperoni, tomatoes, sausage and italian seasoning.
- bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduct heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Before serving, stir in parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with Mozzarella cheese.
Very nice and tasty soup! Will make this again. The only thing I did different was instead of water, I used chicken stock. Excellent recipe!
Very good. My daughter made this for a spa party ages ago and we all loved it. Glad I got around to making it myself. Thanks for sharing!
I liked this very much. I did it exactly as said and found it to be perfect. Thanks for the great recipe. I will be using this again.