Found this recipe in the sampler edition of the Quick Cooking magazine. Served with garlic bread; this quickly became a regular meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce or 1 (15 ounce) can pasta sauce
- 1 cup pepperoni, chopped
- 1 cup fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup cooked Italian sausage
- 1/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1In a large sauce pan, sautee mushrooms, onion & green pepper in oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- 2Add water, sauce, pepperoni, tomatoes, sausage and italian seasoning.
- 3bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 4Reduct heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Before serving, stir in parmesan cheese.
- 6Garnish with Mozzarella cheese.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Soup
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.5
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 67.4 mg
- Sodium 1226.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 18.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: