Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Just a quick and easy recipe we have been making for years.
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 2 (14 ounce) jars water
- 1 box fresh mushrooms (whole or sliced)
- 1 package pepperoni, sliced in half
- 1 lb sausage or 1 lb hamburger (browned and drained)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Crush by hand or in a blender the tomatoes and combine all of the ingredients in a boiler.
- Boil for 30 to 45 minutes.
I made this by browning Italian sausage with onion, peppers, mushrooms and pepperoni. I then added the tomatoes, pizza sauce and used tomato juice instead of water. I topped it with mozzarella cheese. It was outstanding!
This soup was very easy and really good. I used a can of crushed tomatoes instead of crushing them myself and left out the mushrooms because there are those in my family who don't like them. I added water and skimmed of some of the fat from the pepperoni like the others who reviewed this recipe. I topped each bowl with a bit of shredded Mozzarella cheese and it was very good. I will definitely make this one again!
Wonderful and easy recipe for a different kind of soup. I made it for a small army of people so I tripled the recipe - made about 12 quarts. I used loose sausage and a total of 6 oz. of pepperoni. Also had shredded mozzarella cheese to put on top of individual bowls of the soup. Skimmed off the oil, from the pepperoni, from the soup when the cooking was done.