Recipe by internetnut
My family loved this soup and the kids even said it tasted like pizza. When I made this soup I cooked this all day long on low heat for about 7 hours. I added the sauce and meat the last half hour of cooking. I used only 1 1/2 a green pepper and spaghetti sauce in place of marinara. I used 3 stalks of celery, 1/4 of a package of bagged sliced pepperoni (I diced), and 6oz package of canadian bacon (I diced). I added 1 minced glove garlic, 1 tablespoon Splenda, 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper . I found this recipe at Obesity Help. This was posted by DAZYMAE2. Hubby talked me into adding some frozen cheese ravioli before I added the marinara sauce. I did add a little minced garlic and some greek seasoning to taste. I did add a Little extra marinara sauce as it it didn't have enough tomato flavor but in the future I will add some canned tomatoes. Maybe next time I will try some ground pork, or some meatballs instead of the pepperoni and canadian bacon as it got really chewy and not too palatable.
- 24 ounces low sodium chicken broth (2 cans)
- 12 ounces French onion soup (1 can)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 summer squash, sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 2 green peppers, diced
- chopped celery (I put in almost a whole bunch)
- 1⁄2 polska kielbasa, sliced (flavor of your choice)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- diced pepperoni
- Canadian bacon
- shredded cheese (of your choice)
- fresh tomato (or any pizza toppings you love)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the chicken broth, french onion soup, onion, yellow summer squash, zuchinni, green peppers, celery, kielbasa, simmer on low overnight.
- In the morning add marinara sauce, pepperoni, canadian bacon, simmer til heated thoroughly.
- Serve with shredded cheese, olives, fresh tomatoes.