Recipe by Kim A. Heaphy
This is a recipe I've had around for over a decade and I don't remember where it originated. It smells amazing while cooking and can be a great addition to game night or for a finger food at a party.
- 2 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 3 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, old
- 1 cup pepperoni, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the water and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Sprinkle with yeast and set aside.
- Mix 2 cups of the flour and seasoning until blended. Add yeast mixture, and olive oil and mix for 8 to 10 minutes, digging in and lifting the dough a few inches so that you are working the gluten. once done, add the parmesan, cheese and meat and mix for another minute or two to distribute evenly. Mix two more cups of flour into the mixture, reserving the remainder for dusting the kneading surface. Pour onto a floured surface and knead for two or three minutes.
- Let rise for 1.5 hours.
- Punch down and let rest five minutes.
- Divide into two medium or three smaller loaves. Form into either loaves and placed into greased loaf pans, or create baguette. Let rise for 45 minutes to an hour or until doubled its size.
- Bake for about 1/2 hour in preheated 400'F oven.
- Place on cooling rack and let cool slightly.