Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Adapted from the South Beach Diet cookbook, because theirs were boring and weird. Presumably, one could customize the toppings extensively. I did make one batch with sun-dried tomatoes, however, and I don't recommend that at all -- too sweet.
- Coat caps lightly in olive oil.
- Dust with paprika and garlic powder to taste.
- Bake gills-down at 400F for about 15 minutes.
- Pull 'em out of the oven and flip 'em over.
- Add a teaspoon of pesto to each cap and spread it around.
- Top that with a bit of cream cheese, pepperoni, and a bit of cheddar cheese on top.
- Pop 'em back in the oven until the cheddar gets golden-brown.