Adapted from the South Beach Diet cookbook, because theirs were boring and weird. Presumably, one could customize the toppings extensively. I did make one batch with sun-dried tomatoes, however, and I don't recommend that at all -- too sweet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat caps lightly in olive oil.
- 2Dust with paprika and garlic powder to taste.
- 3Bake gills-down at 400F for about 15 minutes.
- 4Pull 'em out of the oven and flip 'em over.
- 5Add a teaspoon of pesto to each cap and spread it around.
- 6Top that with a bit of cream cheese, pepperoni, and a bit of cheddar cheese on top.
- 7Pop 'em back in the oven until the cheddar gets golden-brown.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Shrooms
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.0
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.8 mg
- Sodium 114.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: