Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great appetizer for parties, or after school snack.
Make and share this Pizza Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups baking mix
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (3 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup dried tomatoe, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄4 cup chopped salami
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup pizza sauce (optional)
- Combine first 8 ingredients and 2 tbs of parmesan cheese; add buttermilk.
- Stir until a soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Pat to an 8 inch circle; place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Brush with oil; sprinkle evenly with pepper and remaining tbs of parmesan cheese.
- Cut into 12 even wedges (DO NOT separate wedges!) Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Separate wedges, and serve with pizza sauce if desired.
I came across this recipe a few weeks ago and every time I make the recipe, I'm so glad I did! Not a crumb is left, whether I make a single or double batch. This is a must have recipe~delicious, easy and did I mention~delicious? Thank you for sharing!!!!
I used just a bit of sun-dried tomatoes and olives, as my husband doesn't like either. Anyway, this was still very tasty & savory. My kids liked it very much and no sauce needed. Perfection in 15 minutes!
I needed a savory recipe for a charity bake sale. I doubled the recipe and baked these scones in a 8" X 12" pan, scored. They are marvelous!! I just know they'll be a big hit!