Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
One of my recipe reruns. Cook time is sitting time. I stated that the servings would be 24, that is two large pizzas cut into 12 pieces each.
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine (Use white in a pinch)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, whip.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Let sit for 2 hours or so, whip about every 20 minutes.
- Makes enough to cover 2 large pizzas.
- Freezes well.
- I have never made this with fresh herbs -- yet :).