Prep 40 mins
Cook 2 hrs
You can add any topping to this sauce!
- 946.36 ml warm water (100 to 110 degrees)
- 4.92 ml active dry yeast
- 4.92 ml white sugar
- 946.36 ml bread flour
- 29.58 ml italian seasoning
- 4.92 ml salt (divided)
- 3312.26 ml beer (flat)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 3075.67 ml onions (chopped)
- 29.58 ml chopped garlic
- 793.78 g roma tomatoes (with juice)
- 340.19 g tomato paste
- 14.79 ml fresh basil (chopped)
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley (chopped)
- 4.92 ml fresh oregano (chopped)
- 59.14 ml black pepper
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- 2 In a food processor, combine flour, Italian seasoning and salt. Pulse until mixed. Add yeast mixture, flat beer and oil. Pulse until a ball is formed. Scrape dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead for several minutes until dough is smooth and elastic. Allow dough to rest for 2 to 3 minutes. Divide dough in half, and shape into balls. Place dough balls in separate bowls, and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to rise at room temperature for about 1 hour, then store in the refrigerate overnight.
- 3 To make the sauce: Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Saute onions until tender. Stir in garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Crush tomatoes into saucepan. Add tomato paste, basil, parsley and oregano. Simmer for 10 minutes.