Recipe by nrpelham
The basic pizza dough and sauce ready and waiting for your favorite toppings! This recipe makes 2 pizzas; either make both, or freeze one. Calories: 253.27 Calories from Fat: N/A Total Fat: 4.55 g Saturated Fat: N/A Cholesterol: N/A Sodium: N/A Total Carbohydrate: 43.85 g Dietary Fiber: N/A Sugars: N/A Protein: 7.59 g Vitamin A: N/A Vitamin C: N/A
- 1⁄4 cup warm water (100 to 110 degrees)
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons Italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups beer
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup onion
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) canroma tomatoes with juice
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine flour, Italian seasoning and salt. Pulse until mixed. Add yeast mixture, flat beer and oil. Pulse until a ball is formed. Scrape dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead for several minutes until dough is smooth.
- To make the sauce: Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Saute onions until tender. Stir in garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Crush tomatoes into saucepan. Add tomato paste, basil, parsley and oregano. Simmer for 10 minutes.