Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
The aroma while this is simmering is wonderful. Makes enough sauce for 2 pizzas.
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (24 ounce) can tomatoes
- Puree tomatoes in a blender; set aside.
- Cook bacon and onion in olive oil.
- Add seasonings and pureed tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
Wonderful pizza sauce. I omitted the salt. I boiled it for about 40 minutes cause my pizza dough was ready and waiting. I had plenty of sauce for 2 pizza. The taste is really good with the bacon. Thanks LainieBug :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game