Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 min
This recipe is so incredibly easy to make! I use about half the recipe for a large round pizza. ENJOY!
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- Mix all ingredients together& spread on (each) pizza, being careful not to spread to the edge of the dough.
- Makes enough sauce for 2 round OR 1 rectangle pizza.
- Can easily freeze extra- I do it all the time!
I was out of sauce and came across this recipe. I had no paste so I used an 8 oz. can of sauce instead and omitted the water. The sauce was fantastic!! I like my sauce spicy so the dash of cayenne was a perfect addition. Thanks for posting!
This was good. I had no canned sauce, and didn't have time to make a cooked sauce. Makes 2 round pizzas perfectly.
This was good. I used garlic oil in my sauce, so the fact that it had no garlic was not a problem. The kids especially liked it because it was a bit sweet.