Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpeeled canned tomatoes, roughly chopped, juice reserved (whole)
- In a medium sauce pan heat the olive oil over medium heat, add the garlic and crushed red pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until the garlic just starts to turn brown.
- Add the water and tomatoes and simmer over low heat until reduced by half, about 30-40 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt.
The sauce had good flavor, but was runny. Also my kids did not like that it was chunky.
The other people who rated this recipe obviously never tried it. It's WAY to thin. Has a boring taste as well...
Excellent tasting and easy recipe to make. I did add a bit of italian seasoning to make this a bit more flavorful and also a touch of sugar to tone down the tomatoes.