- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpeeled canned tomatoes, roughly chopped, juice reserved (whole)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sauce pan heat the olive oil over medium heat, add the garlic and crushed red pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until the garlic just starts to turn brown.
- Add the water and tomatoes and simmer over low heat until reduced by half, about 30-40 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt.