Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great pizza sauce.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (1 g) packet Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Over medium heat, heat oil in a saucepan until hot.
- Add all ingredients, cover and bring to a boil.
- Uncover, lower heat and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
I made this tonight and it was a good starter recipe. Things I changed: turbinado sugar instead of Splenda, way more garlic and more spices. I used a jar of Bionaturae strained tomatoes as my base...delish! I also let it simmer a good long while to make it thicker. I will make this again with the modifications of more garlic and a tad bit more seasonings. Thanks for this keeper!
We LOVED the taste of this sauce on our pizza. It's fresh-tasting, but hearty, with the herbs and garlic. I also added some greek oregano, but just a touch, so it wouldn't overwhelm the flavors of the sauce. We're going to try this over penne or bowties for a simple, delicious meal, too. This is a real winner, meow! Thanks for sharing it with us.
This has become our staple pizza sauce around here! We have homemade pizza every Friday, and I've tried several sauces. We don't like jar sauces, and of all the homemade sauces I've made this one is the best. I added a little oregano with the other herbs and it is superb! Thanks!!