Recipe by spatchcock
Great pizza sauce.
Top Review by Mystia
I made this tonight and it was a good starter recipe. Things I changed: turbinado sugar instead of Splenda, way more garlic and more spices. I used a jar of Bionaturae strained tomatoes as my base...delish! I also let it simmer a good long while to make it thicker. I will make this again with the modifications of more garlic and a tad bit more seasonings. Thanks for this keeper!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (1 g) packet Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste