Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from an Italian lady at church. This is so easy and so tasty! Why use jarred sauce when homemade is so easy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves, minced (I used dried basil)
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves, minced (I used dried oregano)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -4 tablespoons water
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 4 ounces mushrooms, undrained
- Cook garlic and onion in oil until tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer covered 15-20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Spread desired amount on pizza crust.