Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A sweet and savory start to any pizza, but particularly good on whole wheat tortillas loaded with vegetables for a healthy, thin crust personal pie.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- salt and pepper
- In a medium sauce pan, saute garlic and onion in olive oil until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook on medium for an additional 10 minutes.
- Use immediately or refrigerate for later.
During PAC I don't usually double recipes, but did just that with this one, 'cause I wanted it for a couple of other things as well as the homemade pizza I put together! The only change I made was to use lemon pepper in place of the usual S&P! For as simple as it is to put together, the sauce is wonderful, & I'll certainly keep the recipe on hand for future use ~ Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef event]