Recipe by bullwinkle
This pizza sauce needs to marinate so you would need to make it early in the day or the night before.
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sweet basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- You need a container or jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Add all of the ingredients in the jar and stir.Make sure the lid is on tight and shake the jar well.
- Let marinate at least 6 to 8 hours before using.
- Makes about 2 1/2 cups sauce or enough to make 2-12 inch pizzas.