Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
quick and tastes great!
Make and share this Pizza Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 28 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 tablespoon brown sugar
- Mix all in saucepan and simmer 20 minutes. Top on favorite pizza recipe or dip for stromboli and mozzarella stick type appetizers.
Yummy and flavorful pizza sauce, BUT, I took the amount of tomato sauce down to 10 ounces! I know, quite a reduction. I kept the spice amounts the same. In that 1/2 T. oil, I sauteed green onion and garlic. It really came out fine, however next time while keeping the tomato sauce at the smaller amount (perfect amount for one 12-inch pizza) I would decrease the Italian seasoning. I'll also say that the Parmesan cheese in this was essential. I topped this pizza with bacon, mushrooms and mozzarella. Easy & quick - a winner!