Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Pizza Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 -3 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 -3 tablespoon mixed Italian herbs (oregano, basil, and parsley combined)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 pizza crust (Boboli or your own recipe)
- Mix the first six ingredients together.
- Spread evenly on prepared dough or Boboli, top with toppings and bake according to dough's directions.
EXCELLENT!! I didn't have any tomato paste so I just used a can of tomato sauce instead of the paste and water. Did everything else the same and it turned out GREAT!! Thank you so much for this recipe!! I will use it weekly!!! :)
I made this with 3/4 cup of Hunt's canned tomato sauce. Used 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp each of oregano, parsley and basil, 3 large flakes of garlic (crushed), 3/4 tsp salt and just 1/4 cup of water. To this I added 1 tsp of paprika, 1 1/2 tsp of sugar and some fresh ground rainbow peppercorns. Simmered the whole thing down to a thicker sauce and used it on Basic Pizza Dough. I will be using this again soon. TY for posting, Heather.
Wow, easy to make and tastes like a pizzerias. Thank you for helping me out of a bind, when discovering I'm out of boughten sauce. No need, I will make your recipe, as its just as easy. Thank you for sharing with us.