Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Have you ever had this happen to you? You have everything READY to make PIZZA and you look in your cupboards for the PIZZA SAUCE only to find there is NONE? I did, so I made up my own RECIPE – we were VERY HAPPY with the results.
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed sweet basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- In a medium bowl, mix together tomato sauce and tomato paste until smooth.
- Stir in all of the spices OR only the ones you like.
- Spread over pizza dough and prepare pizza as desired.
I didn't add tomato paste and did add oregano. I thought the sauce tasted great. Thanks for sharing.
Yeah, this is great!